I went to a different nursery this weekend: Plant World, up in Etobicoke. It’s HUGE and fantastic. And very dangerous. I went for herbs and I came back with an alarming selection of plants. My garden is jam-packed now. And I had the self-discipline to put some of my selections back on their shelves.
- Pacino Alpine Poppy – Papaver nudicaule ‘Pacino‘
- Dwarf Arctic Iris – Iris setosa var. arctica
- Lion King Japanese Iris – Iris ensata ‘Lion King’
- Hint of Gold Blue Mist Spirea – Caryopteris ‘Hint of Gold’
- Sonic Bloom Pearl Reblooming Weigela – ‘Weigela florida’
- Snowcap Shasta Daisy – Leucanthemum superbum ‘Snowcap’
- Solenia Begonia: Apricot
- Everlasting Sweet Pea – Lathyrus latifolius
- Lilies: Four Tiger, Three Oriental
- Herbs: Catnip, Basil, Parsley, Rosemary, Oregano, Thyme
I really love my spirea – its foliage is a fantastic yellow-green colour, and when you brush it, it has a wonderful peppery smell. A definite winner. The cats, on the other hand, think the catnip was the best addition.